Multimedia And Information LIteracy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copyright And Plagiarism

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Copyright And Plagiarism Empty Copyright And Plagiarism

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Copyright - It is a set of rights granted to the author or creator of work, to restrict other's ability to copy, redistribute, and reshape the content.
Like a Star @ heaven Plagiarism - is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

There are many issues occurring on the news about plagiarism. One example of that is when  
University of the Philippines student Mark Joseph Solis' entry "The Mettle of the Filipino Spirit," about a young boy who "helps his father in farming seaweeds along a coastal community in Zamboanga province," is disputed by Gregory John Smith, a social entrepreneur with the global network Ashoka and founder of the Children At Risk Foundation in Brazil.

Copyright And Plagiarism Imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.gmanews.tv%2Fv3%2Fwebpics%2Fv3%2F2013%2F09%2F640_2013_09_22_21_48_12.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gmanetwork.com%2Fnews%2Fstory%2F327647%2Fnews%2Fnation%2Foh-snap-up-student-wins-photography-contest-with-plagiarized-photo&docid=WLYTLc0O_5B4BM&tbnid=71lT6qx_j46eQM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwie1Or2ovTWAhVHVZQKHVEuAnEQMwgkKAAwAA.

"The photo was actually taken by me in Brazil in 2006, whilst on Christmas holidays at the coast together with four brothers from the same poverty-stricken family in Brazil, who were supported by our program at the time," Smith told GMA News Online.

"The photo was taken by me on a beach in Paraty, Rio de Janeiro, whilst the kids were having fun chucking seaweed at each other," he added. [from GMA News Online]

What can you say about this? How would we know if we are plagiarizing already? Rolling Eyes Question

Admin
Admin

http://dcomputergeek.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Copyright And Plagiarism Empty Re: Copyright And Plagiarism

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:23 pm

WTF! I don't get it. I would like to ask him why did he do that? for money? for respect? for honor? for recognition? If you're really a photographer you won't do that. The reason why did they joining to a photography contest just to express their feelings, to show their talent in photography. If you really did that, you're worthless. :)haha.. how would you know? He already knew from the start!
Laughing

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm

jaylordpogi25 wrote:WTF! I don't get it. I would like to ask him why did he do that? for money? for respect? for honor? for recognition? If you're really a photographer you won't do that. The reason why did they joining to a photography contest just to express their feelings, to show their talent in photography. If you really did that, you're worthless. :)haha.. how would we know? He already knew from the start!
Laughing

Deceiving people is one the things that would really get you into trouble especially when they find out about your maneuvers . So I guess that's something that we shouldn't even think of doing in the first place . I mean , be real !

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 pm

yeah. You're right! I agree. Being real to yourself means living your own life, not the lives of others.
Don't chase success, Be a good person and success will chase you!

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Let's talk about, how would you know if you are plagiarizing already? It's very easy question, please Go hard! hahaha...lol. just simply don't copy the others idea or others piece. just make your own. Remember world wants to know your thoughts and ideas. Allow yourself the time to give some real thought to your piece, and have the confidence to rely on your own opinions. and don't be insecure, Just Believe in yourself. Smile

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 pm

You miss admin do you love me? hahaha...

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 pm

jaylordpogi25 wrote:Let's talk about, how would you know if you are plagiarizing already? It's very easy question, please Go hard! hahaha...lol.  just simply don't copy the others idea or others piece. just make your own. Remember world wants to know your thoughts and ideas. Allow yourself the time to give some real thought to your piece, and have the confidence to rely on your own opinions. and don't be insecure, Just Believe in yourself. Smile

Self - expression by means of art ( including writing , photography , painting , etc.) is such a beautiful thing because there are variations . There will always be variations if all of us strive to be original . And that way we can learn about others and how they perceive things.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 pm

jaylordpogi25 wrote:You miss admin do you love me? hahaha...

I love every person who posts on this forum .

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kenpanget01 Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Information and other works nowadays are very easy to find and access with the help of technology and the world wide web and on that it is very common for students to plagiarize other's work.

kenpanget01
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:Information and other works nowadays are very easy to find and access with the help of technology and the world wide web and on that it is very common for students to plagiarize other's work.

That's some statement haha. Are you saying everyone who copy - paste plagiarizes ? I want to know more of your opinion about this .

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kenpanget01 Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Admin wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:Information and other works nowadays are very easy to find and access with the help of technology and the world wide web and on that it is very common for students to plagiarize other's work.

That's some statement haha. Are you saying everyone who copy - paste plagiarizes ? I want to know more of your opinion about this .

Yes copying and pasting info from the web without mentioning the URL's or the name of the publisher/author is an act of plagiarism.

kenpanget01
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:00 pm

yah yah! thanks to our technology and to the internet made my assignments easier and better hahaha....lol. Gathering information from internet called research.

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:08 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yes copying and pasting info from the web without mentioning the URL's or the name of the publisher/author is an act of plagiarism.

are you really sure the statement you copied in the internet are not plagiarized from someone? hahaha...

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kenpanget01 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 pm

jaylordpogi25 wrote:yah yah! thanks to our technology and to the internet made my assignments easier and better hahaha....lol. Gathering information from internet called research.

Sticking to the definition of plagiarism as stated Plagiarism - is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. Even if you are researching , you have to give credit to the one's you've included to your research.

kenpanget01
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kenpanget01 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:12 pm

jaylordpogi25 wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:
Admin wrote:

are you really sure the statement you copied in the internet are not plagiarized from someone? hahaha...

That's why you have to be responsible on what you are copying . Don't just copy and paste statements from the internet . Read it carefully and research thoroughly Smile

kenpanget01
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:16 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:
jaylordpogi25 wrote:yah yah! thanks to our technology and to the internet made my assignments easier and better hahaha....lol. Gathering information from internet called research.

Sticking to the definition of plagiarism as stated Plagiarism - is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. Even if you are researching , you have to give credit to the one's you've included to your research.

wahahaha... If you are going to use it for your assignments there's no need to mention the author. However, You have to give credit to the author if you will use the research paper for legal purposes. Smile

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 pm

jaylordpogi25 wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:

wahahaha... If you are going to use it  for your assignments there's no need to mention the author. However, You have to give credit to the author if you will use the research paper for legal purposes. Smile

That's when my question earlier comes in ..when would we know if we're already plagiarizing ?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:28 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:

Actually there's this thing called "fair use" . It allows us to have exemption in copyright law.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:

wahaha... That's hilarious man! you've copied and pasted here the definition of plagiarism without mentioning the author nor the URL. See you in court. hahahahaha...

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kenpanget01 Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm

jaylordpogi25 wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:

Sticking to the definition of plagiarism as stated above Plagiarism  - is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. Even if you are researching , you have to give credit to the one's you've included to your research.

wahaha... That's hilarious man! you've copied and pasted here the definition of plagiarism without mentioning the author nor the URL. See you in court. hahahahaha...
Yes I didn't mention the author nor the URL but I do said that it was stated here in this forum . So let see the admin in court XD

kenpanget01
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:
jaylordpogi25 wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:

Sticking to the definition of plagiarism as stated above Plagiarism  - is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. Even if you are researching , you have to give credit to the one's you've included to your research.

Yes I didn't mention the author nor the URL but I do said that it was stated here in this forum . So let see the admin in court XD

Shocked

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylordpogi25 Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:
jaylordpogi25 wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:

wahahaha.... definition says you have to give credit to the author nor the URL but you didn't. haha... both of you with admin, see you in court hahaha...

jaylordpogi25
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by vinfinityyy Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 pm

Admin wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:
jaylordpogi25 wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:

Shocked

what's court ? covered court ? hahaha just kidding !

vinfinityyy
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by vinfinityyy Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 am

how would we know if we plagiarizing ? if we copy and paste that's simple hahahaha

vinfinityyy
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:12 am

vinfinityyy wrote:how would we know if we plagiarizing ? if we copy and paste that's simple hahahaha

"In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner." -https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/

That means there are uses that can be done without the owner's permission and still not be called "plagiarism" .

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum