Multimedia And Information LIteracy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negative Effects of Media And Information

+2
cdrckrmll
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Negative Effects of Media And Information Empty Negative Effects of Media And Information

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am

Negative Effects of Media And Information Imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fghonny123456789.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F06%2Fmedia-spoonfeeding-cartoon.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fghonny123456789.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F06%2F21%2Fnegative-effects-of-media%2F&docid=ARkV2Q8fKEQymM&tbnid=h3nYVXH4nmWxsM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwikhbDylfTWAhUBjpQKHVZkAm8QMwg1KBEwEQ.

There are many ways people use media and information negatively . Here are some of the examples of those :

Exclamation For the children and young people, continuous advertisement of fast food chains lead these young people to patronize fast food chains.  
Exclamation Addiction to computer games.
Exclamation Young people sleep late being hooked  to the YouTube, Facebook, and other  Applications to get the latest information about celebrities.  
Exclamation In the past, people would buy the latest Songs or the songs of their favorite singers , now they do not have to buy these songs, all they do is to download them for free from the internet.

Expound these factors or name other negative effects of media and information based from what you are hearing on the news today . Arrow

Admin
Admin

http://dcomputergeek.forumotion.asia

Back to top Go down

Negative Effects of Media And Information Empty Re: Negative Effects of Media And Information

Post by cdrckrmll Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 pm

For the factors mentioned above, I'd like to somehow encourage the parents to watch over their children and moderate their use of computer or any kind of gadget, because it would not only lessen their addiction, but it can also help the youth not to stay late. Another method would be spending time together with their children.
Aside from the negative effects of the media mentioned above, I think people should focus on exterminating adult websites. Because these days, even children below 7 years of age can access the internet

cdrckrmll
Guru

Back to top Go down

Negative Effects of Media And Information Empty Re: Negative Effects of Media And Information

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:20 pm

cdrckrmll wrote:For the factors mentioned above, I'd like to somehow encourage the parents to watch over their children and moderate their use of computer or any kind of gadget, because it would not only lessen their addiction, but it can also help the youth not to stay late. Another method would be spending time together with their children.
Aside from the negative effects of the media mentioned above, I think people should focus on exterminating adult websites. Because these days, even children below 7 years of age can access the internet

But sadly, parents nowadays are too busy to even consider what you just said . Adults think it's okay for children to do this and that because that's what other kids are doing. They're not aware that what their child is doing today can affect their lives forever No

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrckrmll Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm

I agree. But that just prove that they're not worthy to become a parent. Because it is a parent's job to nurture and continue on guiding their children. And if that's the case, maybe there could be an organization who could visit communities or schools to conduct small talks with the children, reach out to them, explain ups and downs of using the media, or else the next generation would definitely experience much worse than what the youth of today experience

cdrckrmll
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Our society is becoming worse than before when it comes to moral values , too . It's sad to think that these different kinds of media are used for deceiving , exploitation , and all those negativity when their purpose is to lessen the burdens of people.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Negative Effects of Media And Information Empty Awareness

Post by MrkJhn Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:52 pm

i think we should be also aware for those people who used media and information negatively in a ways that they are hurting other people's feelings, direct or indirect

MrkJhn
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Mark Jhon wrote:i think we should be also aware for those people who used media and information negatively in a ways that they are hurting other people's feelings, direct or indirect

Yes , I agree . But that's exactly what's lacking these days . Some people even choose to post negatively on others and have everyone read it than saying it personally to the person itself . I think for me, that's something irrational .

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrckrmll Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Cyberbullying. I guess that's what you guys are talking about. Spreading hate messages, curses, insults. I can't imagine how bad it would be if these things would continue to happen in our society

cdrckrmll
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 pm

cdrckrmll wrote:Cyberbullying. I guess that's what you guys are talking about. Spreading hate messages, curses, insults. I can't imagine how bad it would be if these things would continue to happen in our society

People often say they wouldn't call it bullying when all they are doing is expressing themselves when they post . What is your view about that ?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrkJhn Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 pm

yeah right, that's something irrational, for me they post it intentionally and they not think what is the result, for the seek of attention of the people

MrkJhn
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Mark Jhon wrote:yeah right, that's something irrational, for me they post it intentionally and they not think what is the result, for the seek of attention of the people

It's just that sometimes , freedom of expression is used too much . Just because you can doesn't mean you should Surprised I always believe in that.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jm Sugapong Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 pm

People nowadays also use social media to bash people. If you have a chance to stop people from posting/bashing people, what will you do first ?

Jm Sugapong
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by MrkJhn Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 pm

and there are some people just used that freedom of expression as an excuses, too stereotype reason nowadays, what's your opinion about that ?

MrkJhn
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 pm

Jm Sugapong wrote:People nowadays also use social media to bash people. If you have a chance to stop people from posting/bashing people, what will you do first ?

Although some may be stopped if you talk to them in a calm manner, I guess we can't do anything to stop other people from posting negatively about others so I think the right thing to do is warning them and if that's not enough and things get out of hand , report them even . Cool

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Mark Jhon wrote:and there are some people just used that freedom of expression as an excuses, too stereotype reason nowadays, what's your opinion about that ?

Freedom of expression is something that all of us must cling to but there are also other factors to consider like legalities , moral, and respect so you can't always use "freedom of expression" as an excuse for hurting other people verbally and emotionally . Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jm Sugapong Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:36 pm

So why people need to use social media to bash people? Social media is used to socialize/ make friends right ? Why they use it for negative purpose ?

Jm Sugapong
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Jm Sugapong wrote:So why people need to use social media to bash people? Social media is used to socialize/ make friends right ? Why they use it for negative purpose ?

We often look only at the positive effects of social media like the way it makes it easy to reach out to people, to your crush , to your friends , that's why we use it often but we also forget the negatives of social media and media in general . Like having a false connection , knowing false statements ..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kenpanget01 Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:51 pm

cdrckrmll wrote:For the factors mentioned above, I'd like to somehow encourage the parents to watch over their children and moderate their use of computer or any kind of gadget, because it would not only lessen their addiction, but it can also help the youth not to stay late. Another method would be spending time together with their children.

kenpanget01
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by MrkJhn Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 pm

I agree, however, those factors are not considered by people who used media too much or in negatively way, due to there are people who always support, believe and support them.

MrkJhn
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Jm Sugapong Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Is it possible that social media will use more in negative way than positive way ? Today when I look my social account i have seen so many negative comments/post like what happened to Xander Ford.

Jm Sugapong
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by kenpanget01 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:

And because information is available for free . Fake information can be easily leaked throughout social media. As users we must responsively use sources of information and instruments for information.

kenpanget01
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 pm

kenpanget01 wrote:
kenpanget01 wrote:

And because information is available for free . Fake information can be easily leaked throughout social media. As users we must responsively use sources of information and instruments for information.

That's right . We should be a wise consumer of information . We shouldn't take everything in without researching about it . Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Mark Jhon wrote:I agree, however, those factors are not considered by people who used media too much or in negatively way, due to there are people who always support, believe and support them.

That's what I'm saying about believing too much without researching .
Fake news is spreading all over the country nowadays . Even on newspapers . We shouldn't act impulsively . Instead , we should look for more evidences , right ?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Jm Sugapong wrote:Is it possible that social media will use more in negative way than positive way ? Today when I look my social account i have seen so many negative comments/post like what happened to Xander Ford.

I am fully aware of that issue . People are quick to judge others but fail to judge their own selves . Evil or Very Mad But as for my opinion, what he did is wrong because he didn't get contented of his own looks . There are ways of enhancing your looks without operation . But I wouldn't go as far as other people , bashing him. Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrkJhn Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 pm

yeah you're right, because I think nowadays there are people are making other people to be more ignorance in the system, if that system will continue, children or the future will be affected, people should be smart.....

Last edited by Mark Jhon on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

MrkJhn
Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next